Inner Journey
I feel like I have this very vague idea of what New Orleans is and has to offer, therefore, I feel I will be shocked by what I am about to experience. I really don't know what to expect and I am trying not to have any expectations. I feel when I don't have expectations is when my experiences in life are the most fulfilling and memorable. I think Ms. Karn has done a great job preparing us for this trip and I feel there will be a good balance of learning and fun all wrapped into one. I think she will wear us out but we wouldn't care one bit because of the experience. I am looking forward to getting to know my roommate more and working with her on our project. I hope to grow as an individual and experience a city that I have never been too. I am looking forward to tasting the food and hearing the music and seeing a culture that I have never seen before and understanding the history and the "why and how" this city was formed. I am also interested in this city's perspective of Hurricane Katrina. I watch the Today show every morning as I head out the door for the day and I am excited to see first hand this city that I remember watching go through a devastating experience and has overcome and is living again. It will be interesting to hear the local's experience and their take on the situation. I am sure there will be many touch stories to hear. I am looking forward to tasting the flavors of New Orleans and seeing the art and architecture and hearing the music and feeling the energy of a very diverse city.

No comments:
Post a Comment